VKMAG.com is one of Netherlands' biggest and most recognized men's blogs. The website started in 2002 and has been going strong ever since, entertaining its visitors with a mix of showbiz news, humor, and viral videos.
Since 2004 the website has been running on the Expression Engine CMS. However, the website's code became increasingly harder to maintain and this was not the only problem VKMAG faced.
The other problems were:
In 2021 VKMAG decided to make the switch from Expression Engine to Newsifier. They liked that Newsifier would provide weekly code and SEO updates and would continuously roll out new features that could help VKMAG grow.
In September 2021 Newsifier migrated all of their articles (dating all the way back to 2002)) to the new website hosted by Newsifier. Using a specially developed redirect manager Newsifier ensured that there would be no loss in Google rankings of old articles.
The result of the switch to Newsifier
1. In August 2022 VKMAG broke its all-time high traffic record with the website generating 14.7 million page views per month.
2. The editors of VKMAG can now publish articles about 70% faster in comparison to when they were using the old editor.
3. Sharing articles across all social media channels and pushing notifications through their mobile apps has become a task that can be done within a matter of seconds rather than minutes.
4. Before switching to Newsifier it took around 10 minutes to post a news article on the Instagram timeline and on their Linkin bio page. With Newsifier's unique Instagram share feature, the same process now takes around 10 seconds. In this way VKMAG attracts close to 100.000 visitors from Instagram per month, which provides a lot of additional revenue.
5. Traffic from Google has grown by 21% in the first year after switching to Newsifier.
6. VKMAG got a redesign which made the website easier to use for its visitors and more attractive to advertisers.
7. VKMAG launched two mobile apps (iOS and Android) within one week by using Newisifier's unique mobile app solution, which attracted thousands of downloads already in the first weeks.
We are experts in helping online publishing grow and have years of experience with SEO-friendly website migrations
The main difference between Newsifier and WordPress is that WordPress is a general CMS that is a one-size-fits-all solution for business websites, E-commerce companies, bloggers, etc.
Newsifier is a CMS that is 100% specialized for online news publishers and has a lot of built-in publisher tools that guarantee month-on-month traffic growth.
Another big difference is that with WordPress you have to take yourself of software updates and hosting. Newsifier includes scaled hosting and has weekly SEO, security, and feature updates.
These weekly updates make it ideal for online publishers who want to grow their business without worrying about performance, hosting, SEO, and security updates.
No, your website is not 'locked in' when you migrate to Newsifier.
We like to emphasize that our clients will always own all their data and that we do not limit their possibility to migrate to another platform in the case they want to leave Newsifier.
Because of this we also explicitly stated in our general terms that we are obliged to help you migrate for free to another platform if you wish to leave Newsifier.
We want to keep you as a client for Newsifier with our superior CMS and service and not by preventing you to leave us.
We have many years of experience in SEO-friendly migrations and always ensure existing Google rankings will not be hurt by the migration of your content to our system.
We have developed a special redirect manager to ensure all exisiting pages will be indexed in the same way as before the migration by the search engines.
We have an extensive library with mobile-optimized templates and components that can be used or adjusted to fit your design needs.
Alternatively, we can also make a custom design that fits your preference.
So to summarize, you have total freedom in getting the perfect design for your website.